Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Cafe Sicilia in Noto, the one from Chef’s Table on Netflix

We made a lunch stop in one last hill town to visit the famous Baroque Victor Emanuel Street.  But who am I kidding?  I really wanted to eat at Caffe Sicilia, one of the most famous dolcerias in Italy.  But first we stopped at a nice lunch spot for fried pizza, “pizzoli”.  They are a cross between pizza and grilled cheese, so of course they were delicious.

They also have an impressive display of cured meats.


On to the main attraction, Caffe Sicilia.  Sicilians have a definite sweet tooth. These desserts are sweeter than we are accustomed to.  They are not quite grocery store birthday cake sweet, but not far from it.  I would have liked to taste more desserts but we were ther only for lunch and I could not finish the two I ordered.


Cannolo di ricotta

Cassata


Lemon sorbet


No comments:

Post a Comment